This policy has been developed by the Board of Management of Loreto College, St Stephen’s Green in co-operation with the school staff, both teaching and non-teaching, and in consultation with the parents and students. It is informed by:
- Guidelines on Countering Bullying Behaviour, 1993.
- CircularM33/91: Guidelines towards a positive policy for school behaviour and discipline.
- The Education Act, 1998.
- The Education (Welfare) Act, 2000.
- The Equal Status Act, 2000/2004.
- Circular 0045/13: Anti-Bullying Procedures for Primary and Post-Primary Schools.
This policy replaces the previous Anti-Bullying policy.
By involving all members of the school community in the process of agreement on what is meant by bullying and the resultant development of school-based strategies for preventing or dealing with it, it is hoped to increase awareness of the problem.