Last week was Science Week and it was certainly packed with lots of fun activities and inquistive budding young scientists!
- Chemistry demonstration for some 1st and 2nd years by John Daly (accounts below will show just how much the students enjoyed this experience!)
- A trip to the zoo for a Genetics lecture for 6th years from 6B
- Two teams of 6th years competed at the annual Irish Science Teachers Association science quiz. Well done to those students involved - Zara Khan, Niamh McAdam, Ita McGennis, Niamh Kyne, Hayley Briody and Aoife Corcoran.
- A fun science workshop on Friday where the highlight was the huge flames that Ms Campbell lit in Ms Kerr's hands!
- There were daily puzzles which attracted great interest. Winners were Tamsin Carolan, Aoibheann Dillon-Kelly, Ruth McMonagle, Eleanor Cripwell and Maeve Given.
- The first year poster competition had a very high standard of entries. Winners, which were very difficult to select, were Meabh Egan, Meabh Fleming, Freya Daughton and Emily Plant. Their posters can be seen in the collage.
- And finally, there were many more fun activities throughout science classes during the week.