Fáilte romhat chuig suíomh idirlín Choláiste Loreto, Faiche Stiabhna. Tugann muintir na scoile seo tús áite don Ghaeilge.
Loreto College St. Stephen’s Green, established in 1833, is an all girls secondary school at the heart of Dublin City. We are proud to be part of a worldwide network of Loreto schools with a philosophy informed by the five principles of Freedom, Justice, Sincerity, Truth & Joy.
Freedom allows us, as a school community, to make mistakes, to reflect on them and to grow.
As learners in the school of life, our students are encouraged to accept responsibility for their decisions and to act out of “love not fear” (Mary Ward)
Justice – as an aspiration and a daily reality – involves recognizing the dignity of each individual and becoming aware of the rights and responsibilities of all.
Students are encouraged to be "seekers of truth and doers of justice" (Mary Ward).
Sincerity in relationships was part of the Mary Ward’s personal integrity. Her ideal was that “we should be such as we appear and appear such as we are”.
Everyone at Loreto College, St Stephen’s Green shares the responsibility of knowing, accepting and respecting each student as an individual.
Truth was synonymous with integrity to Mary Ward, particularly the profound truth of who we are and what gives meaning to our lives.
Students are encouraged
“to do ordinary things well".
Joy is an attitude of mind, a disposition of the heart, which manifests itself in cheerfulness, optimism, courtesy, positive thinking, inner peace and self-acceptance.
At Loreto ‘the Green’ a happy, stable learning environment allows a sense of joy to flourish.
- 4th Year Work ExperienceOctober 12
- 6th Year Parent-Teacher MeetingOctober 13
- Mid-Term beginsOctober 26
- 3rd Year Parent-Teacher MeetingNovember 10
- Careers - “A Day in the Life” EveningNovember 11
- CAO Information Evening for 6th Years and ParentsNovember 17
- T.Y. Parent Teacher MeetingDecember 1
- School ClosedDecember 7
- Feast of Immaculate Conception - School closedDecember 8
- Carols by CandlelightDecember 12
- Folk MassDecember 13
- Carol Service St. Ann’s Dawson Street, 6th Year Parents onlyDecember 22
- Christmas Holidays BeginDecember 23