Fáilte romhat chuig suíomh idirlín Choláiste Loreto, Faiche Stiabhna. Tugann muintir na scoile seo tús áite don Ghaeilge.
Loreto College St. Stephen’s Green, established in 1833, is an all girls secondary school at the heart of Dublin City. We are proud to be part of a worldwide network of Loreto schools with a philosophy informed by the five principles of Freedom, Justice, Sincerity, Truth & Joy.
Freedom allows us, as a school community, to make mistakes, to reflect on them and to grow.
As learners in the school of life, our students are encouraged to accept responsibility for their decisions and to act out of “love not fear” (Mary Ward)
Justice – as an aspiration and a daily reality – involves recognizing the dignity of each individual and becoming aware of the rights and responsibilities of all.
Students are encouraged to be "seekers of truth and doers of justice" (Mary Ward).
Sincerity in relationships was part of the Mary Ward’s personal integrity. Her ideal was that “we should be such as we appear and appear such as we are”.
Everyone at Loreto College, St Stephen’s Green shares the responsibility of knowing, accepting and respecting each student as an individual.
Truth was synonymous with integrity to Mary Ward, particularly the profound truth of who we are and what gives meaning to our lives.
Students are encouraged
“to do ordinary things well".
Joy is an attitude of mind, a disposition of the heart, which manifests itself in cheerfulness, optimism, courtesy, positive thinking, inner peace and self-acceptance.
At Loreto ‘the Green’ a happy, stable learning environment allows a sense of joy to flourish.
Friday, November 21, 2014 in Loreto News
- Parent-Teacher MeetingDecember 2
- 4th Year Parent-Teacher MeetingDecember 2
- Board of Management meetingDecember 4
- Folk MassDecember 6
- Immaculate Conception - School ClosedDecember 8
- Parents’ Association meetingDecember 9
- Teacher MeetingDecember 10
- Carols by CandlelightDecember 13
- Carol Service, St. Ann’s, Dawson StreetDecember 19
- School HolidaysDecember 22
- School HolidaysJanuary 3
- School re-opensJanuary 5
- Epiphany - School MassJanuary 6
- 3rd Year Parents’ Talk - RSEJanuary 12
- Parents’ Talk - RSEJanuary 12
- Parents’ Association meetingJanuary 13
- 5th Year Parent-Teacher MeetingJanuary 15
- Parent-Teacher MeetingJanuary 15
- 3rd Year Talk - RSEJanuary 16
- Student Information re Subject OptionsJanuary 22
- 4th Year Student Information re Subject Options for 5th YearJanuary 22
- Board of Management meetingJanuary 22
- Mary Ward WeekJanuary 23
- Catholic Schools WeekJanuary 24
- 1st Year Parent-Teacher MeetingJanuary 27
- Parent-Teacher MeetingJanuary 27
- Parents Information Night re Subject Options for 5th YearJanuary 29
- 4th Year Parents’ Information Night re Subject Options for 5th YearJanuary 29