Fáilte romhat chuig suíomh idirlín Choláiste Loreto, Faiche Stiabhna. Tugann muintir na scoile seo tús áite don Ghaeilge.
Loreto College St. Stephen’s Green, established in 1833, is an all girls secondary school at the heart of Dublin City. We are proud to be part of a worldwide network of Loreto schools with a philosophy informed by the five principles of Freedom, Justice, Sincerity, Truth & Joy.
Freedom allows us, as a school community, to make mistakes, to reflect on them and to grow.
As learners in the school of life, our students are encouraged to accept responsibility for their decisions and to act out of “love not fear” (Mary Ward)
Justice – as an aspiration and a daily reality – involves recognizing the dignity of each individual and becoming aware of the rights and responsibilities of all.
Students are encouraged to be "seekers of truth and doers of justice" (Mary Ward).
Sincerity in relationships was part of the Mary Ward’s personal integrity. Her ideal was that “we should be such as we appear and appear such as we are”.
Everyone at Loreto College, St Stephen’s Green shares the responsibility of knowing, accepting and respecting each student as an individual.
Truth was synonymous with integrity to Mary Ward, particularly the profound truth of who we are and what gives meaning to our lives.
Students are encouraged
“to do ordinary things well".
Joy is an attitude of mind, a disposition of the heart, which manifests itself in cheerfulness, optimism, courtesy, positive thinking, inner peace and self-acceptance.
At Loreto ‘the Green’ a happy, stable learning environment allows a sense of joy to flourish.
Thursday, October 12, 2017 in Loreto News
Friday, October 20, 2017 in Loreto News
- Parents Study Skills TalkOctober 23
- Anti-Bullying Talk First Year ParentsOctober 24
- Anti-Bullying Talk 1st and 2nd YearsOctober 25
- Mid-Term BreakOctober 30
- School Re-opensNovember 6
- 5B/5G RetreatNovember 6
- Staff MeetingNovember 8
- Anti-Bullying TalkNovember 8
- Science and Geography WeekNovember 13
- Fifth Year RetreatNovember 13
- First Year Parent Information Evening 2019/2020November 13
- CAO Presentation for 6th Year ParentsNovember 14
- Parents’ Association MeetingNovember 14
- Sci FestNovember 17
- Sticks & Stones for 2nd YearsNovember 20
- International Anti-Bullying WeekNovember 20
- 3rd Year Parent Teacher MeetingNovember 20
- RSE Talk for 6th YearsNovember 24
- 4th Year Aptitude TestNovember 27
- 2nd Year RetreatNovember 28
- Careers Evening ‘A Day in the Life’November 28
- 2007 Reunion Assembly HallNovember 30
- Folk MassDecember 2
- Mini Market Day Lunchtime AHDecember 5
- First Year Parent Teacher MeetingDecember 5
- Ceilur Trip to SwitzerlandDecember 6
- Staff Planning Day - School ClosedDecember 7
- School ClosedDecember 8
- Mini Market Day Lunchtime AHDecember 12
- Carols By CandlelightDecember 16
- Carol Service Clarendon StreetDecember 22
- Christmas HolidaysDecember 25