Columban Schools Media Competition 2021 are looking for students (aged 14-18 inclusive) to submit an original piece of writing or create an original image on the theme: Let’s Create a World Without Racism. This is a chance for students to engage with an issue that addresses equality, justice, inclusion and also draws on faith and personal experience.
The winning print article will be published by the Irish News, a national newspaper, and the article and image will be published on Columban media.
They have secured some high-profile judges for the competition. They are:
– William Scholes – Religion Editor of the Irish News.
– Patsy McGarry – Religious Affairs correspondent with The Irish Times.
– Liz Dodd – Home News Editor of The Tablet.
– Bobby Gilmore SSC – founder of the Migrants Rights Centre Ireland.
– Ebun Joseph – a Race Relations Consultant, Director of the Institute of Anti-Racism and Black Studies, and Chairperson of the African Scholars Association, Ireland.
The closing date for entries is 20 February 2021.
The winners will be announced on Columban media.
More information: www.columbancompetition.com