A sincere warm welcome to parents and guardians of Loreto College, St. Stephen’s Green. All parents and guardians of pupils of Loreto College, St. Stephen’s Green, are members of the Parents’ Association.
The Parents’ Association is made up of one representative from each class, making twenty four parent members in total. Also attending the Parents’ Association monthly meetings are the school Principal and the two Parent elected members of the Board of Management.
The Parents’ Association runs a variety of activities, each year, including;
• First Year Parents’ Welcome Night – to welcome, inform and enable parents of first year students to familiarise themselves with the school and with other parents.
• Pre-Debs Evening - for the recently graduated sixth year students and their parents.
• Greenscene Magazine – to share the parents’ perspective with other parents.
• Careers Night – which gives a snapshot of ‘a day in the life’ of a variety of careers and professions.
• School Website – which informs us of some of the many varied school activities.
• Graduation Mass reception for sixth year students and parents – held in the school for the graduation of sixth year students.
• Communicating parents’ feedback on school issues to the Principal and Board of Management.
• Social ‘Get-Togethers’ for the parents of each year group – informal get-togethers – giving parents a chance to share experiences and ideas.
The role of the Parents’ Association is to work with the Principal, Staff and Board of Management to build effective co-operation and partnership between home and school. We, your parent representatives, welcome your input, suggestions and feedback as to how we can continue to assist in furthering the objectives of the school. The Parents’ Association is a vibrant organisation and profits greatly from the active participation of all of us.
Do get involved - you will be glad that you have done so!
With kind best wishes to you all.