The Loreto on the Green Past Pupils’ Association is holding a charity fashion show in the school on Thursday, 5th March.
The proceeds from this event will go towards:-
- Loreto projects in Kenya - Nyumbani Orphanage, Nairobi, which cares for children to young adults who are HIV positive, Nyumbani Village near Kitui, which cares for children orphaned because of the AIDS epidemic, and Lea Toto Outreach Programme, which looks after families in the Nairobi slums, affected by AIDS.
- The weekly Soup Run, organised by students and staff in Loreto College, St Stephen’s Green, after school each Friday afternoon, distributing tea, coffee, soup & sandwiches to people in need who live on the streets in Dublin’s inner city.
We invite you to participate in this very special event, featuring the designs of some of our past pupils – Neilí Mulcahy, Sonya Lennon (Lennon Courtney), Marians of Boyle, Jewellery by Melissa Curry, along with Vintage Couture, 53 Degrees North, milliner Suzie Mahony, Cari´s Closet, Olivia Danielle and the TY Junk Kouture project. We expect an audience of 400 at the fashion show, and it promises to be a high profile event. We have engaged the professional expertise of Mandy Maher and the Catwalk Model Agency.
We ask you to consider becoming involved through-
- Sponsorship of the staging, light, sound, ramp, hair & make-up etc.
- Raffle prize donation
- Contribution to goody bags.
- Advertising in the event programme
- Sponsoring the pre-show wine reception
- Joining us on the night - Tickets for the show cost €20, and may be bought through the GPPA website (http://bit.ly/GPPAFashionShowloretothegreenpastpupils.ie) or by sending a cheque made payable to the GPPA to C.A. Dooley, 28 Leinster Park, Harold’s Cross, Dublin 6W, along with a contact phone number. We’d be delighted to see you there! Tickets will also be available to buy in the school.
We would be delighted to hear of any other ways you might like to support this special event.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ciara Freaney (087 6915965) to discuss the options available and for further information.
The Green Past Pupils’ Association