Thursday, January 15, 2015 in Loreto News, Parents Association, Parents
• First Year Parents’ Introduction Evening, hosted by the PA for the incoming First year parents, last September, followed by light refreshments.
• AGM held at the end of September, including our Guest Speaker, Ms Caroline Spillane, CEO of the Medical Council of Ireland, who gave a thought-provoking and most interesting talk on ‘Work-Life and Parenting Balance’.
• Social Event – Parents’/ Guardians’ and Daughters’ Guided Walk on the Hill of Tara in early October.
• Pre-Debs Reception for the Class of 2014, their Partners and Parents, hosted by the PA in the School in October.
• Careers Information Evening organised by the PA in November for the 4th, 5th and 6th year students, in an informal ‘Learning about the Day in the Life of a wide variety of Careers’ format.
• Social Get-Togethers organised by the Parent PA Reps of each year, with, to date, only the Fourth year parent get-together yet to happen.
• GreenScene – Christmas term edition published in December 2014.
• DVD – the production of the DVD for the Class of 2015 continues in liaison with the Sixth Year Students.
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 in Loreto News, Parents Association, Parents
Photograph taken on the recent parents association guided walk around the Hill of Tara. The walk was very entertaining and full of very interesting archaelogical and cultural stories about the Hill of Tara covering hundreds of years and including a wide range of Irish historical characters.
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 in Parents Association, Parents
Social get togethers have been organised for parents as follows
First years - December 2nd at 8pm in the Westbury Hotel
Second years - December 4th at 8pm in the Davenport Hotel
Third years - December 11th at 8pm in the Westbury Hotel
Fifth years - November 20th at 8pm in the Westbury Hotel
Sixth years - December 16th from 9am-11am in the Terrace Restaurant, National Concert Hall
Details for parent gatherings for other years to follow
Friday, April 25, 2014 in Loreto News, Parents Association
The following items were discussed at our most recent monthly meeting
The P.A. strongly supports the schools review of the food on sale in canteen, with healthier options due to be introduced.
The BOM representative outlined a process they are undergoing to frame a new 3 year strategic plan for the school.
Gillian O'Brien of HeadStrong contacted the P.A. to advise of a talk they are doing in UCD entitled ‘One Good Adult’ on 30th April at 7:30pm in the Fitzgerald Debating Chamber, UCD Student Centre, UCD, Belfield. We agreed to advise the parent body as her talk at a recent AGM was excellent.
Maria Beatty and her team were again congratulated on a wonderful fundraising event. We also thank all sponsors who will be contacted after the presentation of the cheque has been made to Heart Children Ireland.
Reminder that the Maytime Music is taking place in the NCH this year and funds raised will go to Crumlin Cardiac Unit
Production of next GreenScene is well underway
Sunday, March 02, 2014 in Loreto News, Parents Association
Loreto College St Stephen’s Green Parents’ Association have organised a Monster Quiz, in memory of Elaine Moran, our 4th year student who passed away last December. The Quiz will be held on Thursday, March 27th, in the School’s Sports Hall at 8pm
All funds raised will be donated to ‘The Blue Ribbon Fund’, which has been set up, in memory of Elaine and run by Heart Children Ireland.
Tickets - €20 per person. Quiz Tables - six people max
Please make payments by cash or cheque payable to “Loreto St. Stephen’s Green Parents’ Association”
and send to “The Table Quiz Committee”, c/o Loreto College, 53/55 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2.
Alternatively, donations will most gratefully be appreciated to www.mycharity.ie/event/loreto_pa_blue_ribbon_quiz
by Debit or Credit card.
Please understand that this event is strictly an adult only evening – so no students will be permitted to attend.
Sunday, February 23, 2014 in Loreto News, Parents Association
Our February meeting was very busy with a number of activities we are organising, details of which will follow. See below for highlights of the meeting
- The committee was brought on a tour of the new school extension. We viewed the newly kitted out science labs, the new art rooms, new music rooms and new class room. We were hugely impressed with the new state of the art facilities, all completed to the highest standards. Huge congratulations to Ms. Barrett and her staff and all involved in the completion of such an impressive addition to the school.
- Plans going very well for the Fund Raising quiz night. It promises to be a great success, so book your table early to avoid disappointment.
- Once again we have had a great response to our call for Parental involvement in the Career Night, and all 4th and 5th year girls will benefit from first hand information on a wide variety of careers.
- We are planning a walk again this year for Parents and girls. Details to follow once date has been confirmed.
- First edition of the GreenScene for this year has been published and plans are already underway for the next edition.
- Plans for the 6th year DVD production have commenced and are going well.
- Representatives will be planning a second social event for their year group later in term. If you have any suggestions, please email your Class Rep. as we would welcome same.
Tuesday, February 11, 2014 in Loreto News, Parents Association, Parents
The Parents' Association is organising a fun Monster Table Quiz in aid of ‘The Blue Ribbon Fund’ established in memory of Elaine Moran and run in conjunction with Heart Children Ireland, to provide practical support to Heart Transplant families.
Venue: School Sports Hall.
You can help us in a number of ways:
Round sponsorship (your company logo will be displayed on the night),
Donations of a Spot Prize,
Book a Table
Table bookings will be managed in advance by flyer to be issued in due course.
For all other issues contact Maria Beatty on 086-236-0053 or via email email@example.com
Friday, November 29, 2013 in Loreto News, Parents Association, Parents
For those of you who did not make the AGM, these slides may provide an overview of what was presented by Marie Williams our out-going Chair.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 in Loreto News, Parents Association
Join Parents in your Year for an informal social gathering before Christmas
First Years - 5th Dec - Davenport, Hotel 7.30pm TBC
Second Years - 21st November, Westbury Hotel, 8pm
Third Years - 10th December - Davenport Hotel, 8pm
Fourth Years - 12th December - Merrion Hotel, 8pm
Fifth Years – 17th December- Iveagh Rooms, National Concert Hall, 9.30am - 11.30am Coffee Morning
Sixth Years - 28th November, Westbury Hotel, 8pm
Sunday, September 22, 2013 in Loreto News, Parents Association
Welcome back to all returning parents and a special warm welcome to new parents to the school.
Please check out the Chairperson's Welcome for information on activities of the association.
Here are some of the news highlights from our September meeting
Thank you to Ann-Marie Taylor and Owen Sorensen our outgoing Parent Representatives on the Board of Management for their fantastic contribution over the past 4 years. New Parent Representatives on the board are Marie Williams and Barry McKimm
Thank you to Marie Williams our outgoing Chairperson and to the members of the committee who finish with us this year
A request that Parents support the initiative and copy letter to local politicians in support of the campaign by Fee Charging Schools (details to follow)
PA welcomes the news of the school renovation and building work undertaken over the summer months to improve student faciliites
Congratulations to Ms Barrett and teachers on the wonderful Leaving and Junior Cert results
A.G.M. confirmed for Tuesday October 1st
Monday, June 03, 2013 in Loreto News, Parents Association, Parents
TERESA BALL HOUSE (Entrance at back of school, Leeson Lane)
Must be in good condition and on the current curriculum. (Please check Loreto booklists).
Write your name and mobile number, your daughter’s name and class on a post-it and place it on the inside cover of each book. The proceeds will be given to the girls in September.
Clean uniforms in good condition will also be accepted.
Proceeds from sale of uniforms will be donated to the school for a chosen charity.
Books and/or uniforms may be left in the special bins provided in the school at the end of the school year or after state examinations.
Thursday, May 02, 2013 in Loreto News, Parents Association, Parents
Last Sunday a group of 49 parents and girls met up for the trip to the Hell Fire Club. The walk was guided by the Cultural Tourism Ireland group who gave a great account of the geology and history of the area. Everyone who attended enjoyed the walk and the company, even though the elements were not quite on our side. All retired to a local coffee shop for tea and scones afterwards. Well done to Nuala and the social events committee for a very successful event.