The 6th year Parents' Association representitives are organising a social gathering for all 6th year parents on Friday 15th May at 10:30 pm after 6th Year Graduation in the Alex Cocktail Bar (Front Lounge Mezzanine ), Conrad Hotel, Earlsfort Terrace. All are welcome.
The first year Parents' Association reps have planned a night out on Thursday May 21st at 8pm in the Westbury Hotel. All first year parents are welcome.
The Loreto on the Green Past Pupils’ Association is holding a charity fashion show in the school on Thursday, 5th March.
The proceeds from this event will go towards:-
- Loreto projects in Kenya - Nyumbani Orphanage, Nairobi, which cares for children to young adults who are HIV positive, Nyumbani Village near Kitui, which cares for children orphaned because of the AIDS epidemic, and Lea Toto Outreach Programme, which looks after families in the Nairobi slums, affected by AIDS.
- The weekly Soup Run, organised by students and staff in Loreto College, St Stephen’s Green, after school each Friday afternoon, distributing tea, coffee, soup & sandwiches to people in need who live on the streets in Dublin’s inner city.
We invite you to participate in this very special event, featuring the designs of some of our past pupils – Neilí Mulcahy, Sonya Lennon (Lennon Courtney), Marians of Boyle, Jewellery by Melissa Curry, along with Vintage Couture, 53 Degrees North, milliner Suzie Mahony, Cari´s Closet, Olivia Danielle and the TY Junk Kouture project. We expect an audience of 400 at the fashion show, and it promises to be a high profile event. We have engaged the professional expertise of Mandy Maher and the Catwalk Model Agency.
We ask you to consider becoming involved through-
- Sponsorship of the staging, light, sound, ramp, hair & make-up etc.
- Raffle prize donation
- Contribution to goody bags.
- Advertising in the event programme
- Sponsoring the pre-show wine reception
- Joining us on the night - Tickets for the show cost €20, and may be bought through the GPPA website (http://bit.ly/GPPAFashionShowloretothegreenpastpupils.ie) or by sending a cheque made payable to the GPPA to C.A. Dooley, 28 Leinster Park, Harold’s Cross, Dublin 6W, along with a contact phone number. We’d be delighted to see you there! Tickets will also be available to buy in the school.
We would be delighted to hear of any other ways you might like to support this special event.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ciara Freaney (087 6915965) to discuss the options available and for further information.
The Green Past Pupils’ Association
At our monthly PA meeting on Tuesday last, 13th January, the Deputy Vice-Principal, Ms. Maria O'Leary expressed her sincere thanks to the parents for your wonderful generosity in the Christmas Hamper collection. So plentiful were the donations that extra hampers were created.
Well done and thanks to all who so kindly donated!
The Parents' Association
• First Year Parents’ Introduction Evening, hosted by the PA for the incoming First year parents, last September, followed by light refreshments.
• AGM held at the end of September, including our Guest Speaker, Ms Caroline Spillane, CEO of the Medical Council of Ireland, who gave a thought-provoking and most interesting talk on ‘Work-Life and Parenting Balance’.
• Social Event – Parents’/ Guardians’ and Daughters’ Guided Walk on the Hill of Tara in early October.
• Pre-Debs Reception for the Class of 2014, their Partners and Parents, hosted by the PA in the School in October.
• Careers Information Evening organised by the PA in November for the 4th, 5th and 6th year students, in an informal ‘Learning about the Day in the Life of a wide variety of Careers’ format.
• Social Get-Togethers organised by the Parent PA Reps of each year, with, to date, only the Fourth year parent get-together yet to happen.
• GreenScene – Christmas term edition published in December 2014.
• DVD – the production of the DVD for the Class of 2015 continues in liaison with the Sixth Year Students.
Photograph taken on the recent parents association guided walk around the Hill of Tara. The walk was very entertaining and full of very interesting archaelogical and cultural stories about the Hill of Tara covering hundreds of years and including a wide range of Irish historical characters.
Social get togethers have been organised for parents as follows
First years - December 2nd at 8pm in the Westbury Hotel
Second years - December 4th at 8pm in the Davenport Hotel
Third years - December 11th at 8pm in the Westbury Hotel
Fifth years - November 20th at 8pm in the Westbury Hotel
Sixth years - December 16th from 9am-11am in the Terrace Restaurant, National Concert Hall
Details for parent gatherings for other years to follow
The following items were discussed at our most recent monthly meeting
- The P.A. strongly supports the schools review of the food on sale in canteen, with healthier options due to be introduced.
- The BOM representative outlined a process they are undergoing to frame a new 3 year strategic plan for the school.
- Gillian O'Brien of HeadStrong contacted the P.A. to advise of a talk they are doing in UCD entitled ‘One Good Adult’ on 30th April at 7:30pm in the Fitzgerald Debating Chamber, UCD Student Centre, UCD, Belfield. We agreed to advise the parent body as her talk at a recent AGM was excellent.
- Maria Beatty and her team were again congratulated on a wonderful fundraising event. We also thank all sponsors who will be contacted after the presentation of the cheque has been made to Heart Children Ireland.
- Reminder that the Maytime Music is taking place in the NCH this year and funds raised will go to Crumlin Cardiac Unit
- Production of next GreenScene is well underway
Loreto College St Stephen’s Green Parents’ Association have organised a Monster Quiz, in memory of Elaine Moran, our 4th year student who passed away last December. The Quiz will be held on Thursday, March 27th, in the School’s Sports Hall at 8pm
All funds raised will be donated to ‘The Blue Ribbon Fund’, which has been set up, in memory of Elaine and run by Heart Children Ireland.
Tickets - €20 per person. Quiz Tables - six people max
Please make payments by cash or cheque payable to “Loreto St. Stephen’s Green Parents’ Association”
and send to “The Table Quiz Committee”, c/o Loreto College, 53/55 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2.
Alternatively, donations will most gratefully be appreciated to www.mycharity.ie/event/loreto_pa_blue_ribbon_quiz
by Debit or Credit card.
Please understand that this event is strictly an adult only evening – so no students will be permitted to attend.
Our February meeting was very busy with a number of activities we are organising, details of which will follow. See below for highlights of the meeting
- The committee was brought on a tour of the new school extension. We viewed the newly kitted out science labs, the new art rooms, new music rooms and new class room. We were hugely impressed with the new state of the art facilities, all completed to the highest standards. Huge congratulations to Ms. Barrett and her staff and all involved in the completion of such an impressive addition to the school.
- Plans going very well for the Fund Raising quiz night. It promises to be a great success, so book your table early to avoid disappointment.
- Once again we have had a great response to our call for Parental involvement in the Career Night, and all 4th and 5th year girls will benefit from first hand information on a wide variety of careers.
- We are planning a walk again this year for Parents and girls. Details to follow once date has been confirmed.
- First edition of the GreenScene for this year has been published and plans are already underway for the next edition.
- Plans for the 6th year DVD production have commenced and are going well.
- Representatives will be planning a second social event for their year group later in term. If you have any suggestions, please email your Class Rep. as we would welcome same.
The Parents' Association is organising a fun Monster Table Quiz in aid of ‘The Blue Ribbon Fund’ established in memory of Elaine Moran and run in conjunction with Heart Children Ireland, to provide practical support to Heart Transplant families.
Venue: School Sports Hall.
You can help us in a number of ways:
- Bar sponsorship,
- Round sponsorship (your company logo will be displayed on the night),
- Donations of a Spot Prize,
- Book a Table
Table bookings will be managed in advance by flyer to be issued in due course.
For all other issues contact Maria Beatty on 086-236-0053 or via email email@example.com
For those of you who did not make the AGM, these slides may provide an overview of what was presented by Marie Williams our out-going Chair.