Monday, April 23, 2018 in Parents Association
7th March-9th March
• Junior Cert Irish Orals were completed and Leaving Cert Mock Orals for French, Spanish and German.
• 4M Song School.
• 4th Year Spike ball Blitz-1B and 1M participated.
• EuroLanguages Talk in the AH.
• DVD Photos for 6th Years.
• EUNICAS Speaker for all 5th Years.
• DCU Speaker for 6th Years.
10th March-Incoming 1st Years-Assessments.
12th March-16th March.
• Spanish Inspection.
• 4G Song School.
• CBA for 2nd Year Business begins.
• TY Spirituality Workshop in the chapel.
• Basketball Final in Tallaght.
• TY PTM.
• Inter Loreto Debates in Beaufort.
• Graduation Ring Sizing for 6th Years.
• Lunchtime Concert in the AH.
• Dr Lucey Talk for parents.
• Leaving Cert Mock Orals for Irish.
• Trial Junior Cert HEC Practicals.
• 3rd Years Parents Information re TY.
• 4T Song School.
• TY Poetry Slam.
• All 3rd Years went to see Romeo and Juliet in Dundrum.
Tuesday 20th March-Friday 23rd March.
• 4th Year Class Action Law Day.
• Trial Junior Cert HEC Practicals.
• YSI Visit to Dún Laoghaire.
• 4M Aviva Trip.
• Fire Drill.
• 3rd Year Business Trip to Java Coffee.
• AIB Future Sparks Festival in the RDS.
• LC Music Recital for Parents.
• Easter Egg Hunt-House Event.
• Easter Egg Drive for SVP-280eggs collected and delivered.
• School Gathering in the Sports Hall to celebrate all the Sporting and Debating Achievements.
• Burren Geography Tour for 5th year Geography
• 2nd Year Carlingford trip
• Public Speaking and Court visits for TYs
• 5th Years who don’t do Biology won’t have class on Thursday 12th.
• Snow Days-6th yrs will have class on Monday and Tuesday following graduation and 3rd Years will have class on Thursday 31st May prior to the school holidays. They will have Friday 1st June as a study day.
• 3rd yrs and 6th yrs received their fees letter which will all be completed online before 27th April. Confirmation of payment needs to be left at reception.
• Thank you from Jackie and I for the invitation to the lunch on the 20th April.
Thursday, April 19, 2018 in Parents Association
The slides from the Parents' Association AGM on 25th October, 2017 can be accessed via the link below.
Thursday, April 19, 2018 in Loreto News
Orla Buggy, Claire Gregg, and Ellen McKimm recently took part in the School Digital Champions program. They went into first class in the primary school, and made an interactive, paperless fairy-tale with the help of the first class girls. Please click https://sites.google.com/loretothegreen.ie/schooldigitalchampions2018/home if you would like to view their interactive book.
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 in Loreto News
Congratulations to the Bee House who won the Easter Egg Hunt.
All House Teams enjoyed running around with their new House Mascots searching for fun mini chocolate eggs which were scattered around the grounds. It was a great start to the Easter break.
Sorcha McCahill- House Committee (6T)
Friday, April 13, 2018 in Loreto News
On Tuesday 10th April, all 2nd Year students spent an exciting day at Carlingford Adventure Centre.
The bus journey down was spent singing along to pop songs and talking about our Easter holidays. When we arrived at Carlingford, the excitement only increased when we saw zip lines stretching across the countryside mountains. We were then split into groups, giving us a chance to talk to students in different classes. We separated into various activities. Some went Zip Lining in the mountains, others went to the Crystal Maze and the third group participated in team building exercises.
After a hot meal, the groups switched activities in the afternoon, giving others a chance to brave the ‘Water Pump’, a team building exercise which included the entire team attempting to get across a muddy swamp using logs and wooden planks. The unlucky few who lost their balance fell in or in one case a brave student volunteered to be put in a barrel and rolled across the make shift pathway!! This was the highlight of the trip for her group as she managed to successfully complete the team task!!
After a fun filled day, where many hills were hiked and lots of tasks completed, everyone was ready to sleep on the homeward journey back to Dublin. The entire year group really enjoyed their day out and have lots of great memories to treasure and laugh at.
A huge thank you to Ms.Crinion for organising the day and to Ms. Barrett, Ms. Travers, Ms. O’Neill, Ms. Rowan and Ms. Mc Andrew for accompanying us.
By Lara Culleton, Genevieve Holmes and Meadhbh Mc Daid (2B)
Thursday, April 12, 2018 in Loreto News
Maytime Music will be held on Tuesday 1st May 2018 at 7pm in the Assembly Hall, Loreto College.
Tickets for Maytime Music will be on sale on Monday 23rd April at 8am in Music 2. Tickets are €10 each and all proceeds go to The Capuchin Day Centre. Maximum two tickets per family. The concert will also be streamed live on the night via the web.