Wednesday, June 13, 2018 in Loreto News
Thursday, October 18, 2018 in Loreto News
We were lucky enough to start off our TY year by going on a trip to Mayo. 4M and 4T went to Coláiste Uisce while 4G and 4B went to Achill Adventure Centre. We were very much looking forward to this trip as it would be the first time we all went away for an overnight trip with the school and a chance for us to bond with our new classes. We went to Coláiste Uisce which is an Irish college located in the Gaeltacht not far from Bellmullet. It is unique as it provides watersports and water-based activities for its students.
We arrived to school early on Monday morning the 27th of September with heavy bags and excited looks on our faces. We were ushered into the assembly hall where we all chatted excitedly and some of us tried to wake up properly. Then we all piled onto the bus and set off for a four hour long journey to Mayo. We arrived at Coláiste Uisce at around 3 O’clock, had lunch and got stuck into activities.
Over the three days we did pier jumping, windsurfing, bodyboarding and raft building on the water and our land activities consisted of archery, rock climbing, orienteering, go- kart building, céilís and group challenges. A lot of these were new activities we had never done and they were a great experience. There wasn't a second we weren't busy!
The Centre was very organised and the staff were extremely helpful and nice. The food we were served was very enjoyable and seconds were always available which was very much appreciated. We always devoured the hot meals after being in the cold Irish water. During our trip to Uisce we bonded with people in our new classes that we wouldn't have bonded with had we been in an ordinary classroom setting. We bonded through team building activities, sitting together for meals and being roommates with new people. All in all, we really enjoyed our time in Uisce!
We would like to thank Ms. Maverley (Year Head), Ms. O’Reilly, and Ms. Beatty and who took time out to go to Uisce and have fun with us. We would also like to thank Ms. Crinion who made the whole experience possible.
Claire Connolly 4M
Monday, October 08, 2018 in Loreto News
Many activities are organized by Mr. Mulligan and the rest of the core team during the course of TY. This year started off with a bang - an adventure trip to Achill Island, Co. Mayo. This was a brilliant opportunity to get to know our new classmates a little better.
On arrival, we were divided into four groups and launched into our first activity. Activities included; surfing, canoeing, hillwalking, climbing and archery. Those doing water sports were provided with top of the range gear including wetsuits, buoyancy aids and rash vests.
Surfing was everyone’s favorite activity. The instructors were very experienced and professional and provided one on one assistance in the water as well as a crash course before we began. Everybody enjoyed the challenge! We all got a kick out of the activities, despite any reluctance, due to the enthusiasm of the instructors.
Many thanks to Ms. Keegan, Ms. J O Reilly and of course to Ms. Crinion for organizing the entire trip, keeping us all on track and ensuring we all had a fantastic time. This was a brilliant opportunity to get to know our new classmates a little better.
Emma Goddard 4G
Friday, September 28, 2018 in Loreto News
On 27th September all students were invited to participate in the Fun Dance Class at lunchtime. This event linked with National Fitness Day to raise awareness of the importance of physical activity. Approximately 160 students danced to well known tunes with Justyna. Sports Prizes were awarded to the most enthusiastic students and the Bagel Factory kindly donated smoothies as prizes. The best attendance was a draw between the Bee and the Tamarin Houses who both won 50 house points.
Well done to all those who took part.
Thursday, June 28, 2018 in Loreto News
The summer reports will be made available to all parents/guardians on VSware today. Parents/Guardians will receive a text message from the school with their individual username and password to enable access to the school's VSware system. This system will allow parents/guardians view reports, timetable and attendance records of students assigned to them specifically. The timetable and attendance tabs will be in operation from the beginning of the new school year. All reports in future will be available on-line, this is in keeping with our commitment to reduce paper and will enhance communication with parents/guardians. Please click here to view a Parents'/Guardians' Guide to VSware
Tuesday, June 19, 2018 in Loreto News
Monday, June 11, 2018 in Loreto News
Please click on the relevant link below to view Book Lists
Tuesday, May 22, 2018 in Loreto News
Sports Day took place on Sunday 13th May in Iveagh Gardens from 2-4 pm.
It was a fabulous sunny day and all students enjoyed participating in novelty races,eating ice cream and singing along to music.
The photos paint a thousand words of the fun and House spirit which was evident throughout the afternoon.
Well done to the Bees who won the Inter House Obstacle Race, the Gazelles were the Inter House Relay winners and the Bee and Macaw Houses were the overall House winners with the highest attendance.
Thank you to the staff, the 4th Year helpers, the House Committee and the Parents Association for all their help to ensure that the day ran so smoothly.
Thank you to Ms. Crinion for organising this event which we all love annually.
It was a great success.
Laoise Beatty (6B)
Head of House Committee.
Thursday, May 10, 2018 in Loreto News
Wednesday, May 02, 2018 in Loreto News
The April House Event was organised to incorporate the 'Go Green on the Green' school slogan. Students were encouraged to wear items of green clothing, for the whole day, on the 27th April. House points were awarded to the best dressed class, with 50 points going to 1G and 20 points to 5B. Everyone enjoyed dressing up, and there was great creativity and initiative shown by all students.
Lauren Devitt 6G
Monday, April 23, 2018 in Parents Association
7th March-9th March
• Junior Cert Irish Orals were completed and Leaving Cert Mock Orals for French, Spanish and German.
• 4M Song School.
• 4th Year Spike ball Blitz-1B and 1M participated.
• EuroLanguages Talk in the AH.
• DVD Photos for 6th Years.
• EUNICAS Speaker for all 5th Years.
• DCU Speaker for 6th Years.
10th March-Incoming 1st Years-Assessments.
12th March-16th March.
• Spanish Inspection.
• 4G Song School.
• CBA for 2nd Year Business begins.
• TY Spirituality Workshop in the chapel.
• Basketball Final in Tallaght.
• TY PTM.
• Inter Loreto Debates in Beaufort.
• Graduation Ring Sizing for 6th Years.
• Lunchtime Concert in the AH.
• Dr Lucey Talk for parents.
• Leaving Cert Mock Orals for Irish.
• Trial Junior Cert HEC Practicals.
• 3rd Years Parents Information re TY.
• 4T Song School.
• TY Poetry Slam.
• All 3rd Years went to see Romeo and Juliet in Dundrum.
Tuesday 20th March-Friday 23rd March.
• 4th Year Class Action Law Day.
• Trial Junior Cert HEC Practicals.
• YSI Visit to Dún Laoghaire.
• 4M Aviva Trip.
• Fire Drill.
• 3rd Year Business Trip to Java Coffee.
• AIB Future Sparks Festival in the RDS.
• LC Music Recital for Parents.
• Easter Egg Hunt-House Event.
• Easter Egg Drive for SVP-280eggs collected and delivered.
• School Gathering in the Sports Hall to celebrate all the Sporting and Debating Achievements.
• Burren Geography Tour for 5th year Geography
• 2nd Year Carlingford trip
• Public Speaking and Court visits for TYs
• 5th Years who don’t do Biology won’t have class on Thursday 12th.
• Snow Days-6th yrs will have class on Monday and Tuesday following graduation and 3rd Years will have class on Thursday 31st May prior to the school holidays. They will have Friday 1st June as a study day.
• 3rd yrs and 6th yrs received their fees letter which will all be completed online before 27th April. Confirmation of payment needs to be left at reception.
• Thank you from Jackie and I for the invitation to the lunch on the 20th April.